As a provider of home health care services in Dallas, Texas, we also offer skilled nursing program that is consists of physical assessments and observations of disease processes. The skilled home health nurse will provide instruction to the client, family members, physicians, and the agency in disease processes, medication management, and diet/nutrition, and will perform skilled procedures as needed. In selecting our nursing staff, we not only look for professionalism and technical abilities. We have nurses who interact with kindness and compassion and demonstrate a willingness to achieve the goals of each client.
Our nursing services include:
- Wound Care Management
- Diabetic care
- Cardiac care
- Post-Operative care
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition therapy
- Diagnosis teaching and Instruction
- Safety measures
- Instructions on Medication regime
- IV Therapy
- Catheter Care
We have very strict standards that our nursing staff must adhere to. In order to be employed by our agency we require the following:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Has a current license as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Functional areas of responsibility:
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Performs comprehensive assessments including OASIS data sets within 48 hours of referral for nursing.
- Develop an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
- Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals.
- Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment.
- Teaching skills as applied to the client’s needs and within the context of the client’s environment, value system, and physical/emotional status.
- Practices nursing with respect for the individual, as well as their cultural and spiritual differences.
- Share ideas of expertise among and between teams.
- Initiates actions to improve the quality of client care. Take appropriate action independently and responsively in the home care situation.
- Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when necessary.