Our Physical Therapy program specializes in providing a patient’s ability to move and actively participate in life’s activities by focusing on improving mobility, strength, range of motion, balance, and pain management. After a thorough assessment, the physical therapist will design a functionally based home exercise program and therapy that will be monitored and modified as the patient’s condition improves.
We have very strict standards that our physical therapists must adhere to. In order to be employed by our agency we require the following:
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program approved by The American Physical Therapy Association.
- Has a current license as a physical therapist in the state of Texas.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Functional areas of responsibility:
- Perform physical therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled procedures, and ongoing evaluation for clients who are receiving services under a medically approved plan of care.
- Completes a comprehensive assessment within 48 hours of referral.
- Develop a therapy care plan to provide direction to other health team members involved in the plan of care.
- Communicate plans and changes to the physician and to the Client Case Manager and other involved caregivers through the care plan, progress notes, and participation in care conferences.
- Implement teachings appropriate to the client’s needs and within their context related specifically to the client’s environment and learning ability.
- Assess the knowledge level of the client and identify learning needs.
- Plan, teach, supervise, and counsel clients about their physical therapy needs to promote improvement and recovery, symptom management of disease and community resources.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching plan and establish a care plan for other members of the team to follow in teaching the client.
- Share ideas of expertise among and between teams.
- Serve on the Clinical Record Review Committee.
- Use an OASIS assessment tool and outcomes reports to improve therapy services and client outcomes.
- Participation with interdisciplinary teams to assure consistency in data collection methods.