We facilitate evaluation of adaptive equipment while enhancing our client’s functioning for the daily living activities.
Our Occupational Therapy program specializes in helping our clients, especially seniors, to regain the ability to care for themselves in activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and grooming. The Occupational Therapist will design a home program that will allow a client to regain their abilities, and the program will be monitored and modified as conditions improve.
We have very strict standards that our occupational therapists must adhere to. In order to be employed by our agency we require the following:
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy curriculum.
- Has a current license as an occupational therapist in the state of Texas.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Functional areas of responsibility:
- Performs occupational therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled treatments, and ongoing evaluation of clients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Provides assessment findings and goals to assist in developing the client care plan and obtain specific physician orders as needed.
- Develops a treatment program and establishes goals for improved function.
- Communicates plans and changes to the physician and to the Nursing case manager as well as other agency staff through the care plan, written progress notes, and participation in care conferences.
- Guides and instructs the client in prescribing therapeutic self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and cognitive functioning.
- Advises, consults, and teaches appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities to clients, family members, and other agency staff members.
- Designs and orders appropriate adaptive/assistive devices to promote optimal levels of functioning.
- Instructs clients and their family members in the client specific program.
- Attends meetings and required educational programs.
- Attends care conferences, initiates interdisciplinary referrals and participates in care coordination as needed.