Our Medical Social Workers provide help assistance services and establish standards of addressing the psychosocial and emotional factors that impact the client’s ability to achieve the goals of the Plan of Care.
Services are provided under the direction of a physician and in conjunction with the other health care team members.
We have very strict standards that our medical social workers must adhere to. In order to be employed by our agency we require the following:
- Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated ability to follow a written Plan of Care.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of resources available in the community.
Functional areas of responsibility:
- Develop a written plan to provide information and direction to other health team members.
- Communicate plans and changes to the physician and / or supervising nurse through the care plan, written progress notes, and case conferences.
- Preparation of social histories to augment existing service, or as a guide in determining or changing level of service, including cultural factors, financial concerns, and support systems.
- Educate client’s and family members about available community resources and how to access them appropriately.