We can provide assistance with personal care tasks and light housekeeping.
Our Home Health Aides provide in home care and personal care to our clients under the supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed therapist.
We have very strict standards that our home health aides must adhere to. In order to be employed by our agency we require the following:
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and a written skills test as well as a competency evaluation.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated ability to follow a written Plan of Care.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Functional areas of responsibility:
- Performs procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises.
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises.
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse.
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client’s condition to the registered nurse or therapist.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements.
- Performs personal care activities:
- Skin care / Nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home:
- Meal preparation / feeding
- Light housekeeping